Shea Moisture is a natural haircare brand that is loved by curly girls worldwide. Now, the brand is looking to cater to a new audience, launching its new line of haircare products for wigs and weaves.
The new SheaMoisture Wig and Weave Haircare line is enriched with tea tree oil, borage seed oil and aloe vera. These nourishing products are designed to keep your scalp and natural hair healthy as you change up your look with different human hair and synthetic hair styles.
Products in Shea Moisture’s Wig & Weave Line
- Residue Remover Shampoo: a deep cleaning shampoo designed for synthetic and natural hair. It is gentle enough to keep the hair’s moisture and protect from shedding but strong enough to remove adhesive residue.
- 2 in 1 Conditioner and Detangler: this is a paraben-free leave-in conditioner that you can used to refresh dull hair and detangle matted hair.
- Scalp Soother: this product is a scalp treatment that alleviates tension from protective styles like braids and discomfort from wearing wigs and weaves.
- Bond Release Spray: an alcohol-free hairspray that allows you to safely remove your wig or weave. It is a non-aerosol mist that minimises damage to edges while being gentle on the skin.
- Bonding Glue: a water-based product to glue down wigs. It is a moisturising hair paste that helps you avoid breakage along the hair line.
What is Borage Seed Oil?
Borage seed oil is a nutritional supplement that was primarily used to boost the body’s immune system and prevent joint inflammation, but we’re now seeing it used in many beautifu products. As the ingrident soothes skin, it is perfect for easing the discomfort that can be caused by wearing wigs, weaves and protective styles. Borage seed oil positive influences hair growth, promoting circulation to your scalp.
Where to Buy
You can purchase this new line of products from Target. If it’s not available at a Target near you, you can always choose to have it shipped to your location – and, we’re sure SheaMoisture will have it on their website sometime soon.
If you can’t get your hands on this new range of products, there are a few good wig care brands out there at the moment. We’d recommend Control Wig, Ellen Wille and Eternal Beauty.